Information for Foreign Patients for seeking Healthcare Services at The Calcutta Medical Research Institute as per new guidelines form Ministry of External Affairs, Govt. Of India. A. Medical Visa Requirement.
- Foreigners intending to take treatment in India should come with Medical Visa only. OCI card is a multi-purpose Visa and so, OCI Cardholders can take medical treatment.
- No other type of Visa holder would be entitled to take medical treatment as per the FRRO guideline in India.
- The Hospitals would avoid treatment in the nature of investigations, diagnostic tests, indoor admission of the patients, major operations, or interventions of like nature to Foreigners without Medical Visa / OCI Card.
- The Foreign patient may be at best to take OPD consultancy only with a non-Medical Visa. B. Conversion of normal Visa to Medical Visa.
- The conversion of other normal Visas to Medical Visas can be done at FRRO Office. Foreigners Regional Registration Officer, Kolkata 237, AJC Bose Road, Kolkata Contact: 033 22900549 The applicants should come with Online Application for Visa Conversion. Website: indianfrro.gov.in C. Emergency Medical Cases.
- Emergency cases may be admitted/treated as per the requirement. However, the Hospital would take necessary steps for converting the Visa to Medical Visa, and for completion of the Registration formalities post-facto. Patient / Patient Relatives are requested to extend their help to the Hospital authorities in the completion of the necessary formalities. D. Medical Visa Extension.
- In the cases of extension of Medical Visa, the Hospitals would mention further treatment period, which will be taken into consideration by the FRRO for extension of the Visa period.
- The Hospitals have been advised to avoid liberal recommendations for Medical Visa extension. A Foreigner is expected to return with a new Medical Visa issued from Indian High Commission or Consulate in their Home country.
For more details please visit www. indianfrro.gov.in or write to us at email@example.com
CK Birla Hospitals Information Centre, Dhaka, Contact Number: +880 1928 999666
Reflect Medical Center
House No# 38/1(2nd Floor)
Road No. 16 New (27 Old)
Dhanmondi R/A (Lalmatia),